Friday, January 8, 2010

Living day by day

Every day, I go to work. Then I go home. Then I sleep. Then I wake up and then I rush to go to work.

Cycle after cycle of the same routine and yet I don't really want to break out.

I have a peace in this routine. I enjoy life's routines and the little pleasures.

I especially look forward to the routine of hanging onto late Fridays, grocery shopping on Saturdays and cooking dinners and soups. Sunday's praise and worship followed by naps, facials or spa, read a book or surf aimlessly and preparing for the week ahead.

My friends and family warn me that if I don't break out of the comfort zone, I won't be able to get married. Find some one and move on to another phase....set up family and get kids.

I sometimes think if my job weren't so challenging and that I enjoy it so much then I would perhaps want to seek another phase. If I didn't enjoy my family and life's little pleasures so much, then I would be compelled to try something different.

I remember my wanderlust - in travelling the world to see as much of what I am curious about since I was 18. Then the wanderlust of hoping from industry to industry in search of finding my calling. I had experienced supermarkets, media and advertising, transportation, conferencing - then when I hit banking in 2000, there is no turning back.

Banking and me, the relationship is intense and I cannot even explain why and how it turned out like that.

Just like in travelling - I discovered my curiousity is only for all things historical, cultural, old ... perhaps scenic on the side. I don't like relentless shopping and eating and night life. The exception of course is American shopping : outlets, Macys and Target...its culture !

I don't suppose I am wrong to build a routine, to discover what I like and don't like and stop experimenting.

Perhaps a prince charming will turn up one day to tell me I need to do thing differently.

Perhaps God may want me to turn to another role and job he has for me, his servant.

Till then, I shall not apologise for my box and continue to enjoy my routines and little pleasures of familiarity.

2 comments:

Brie said...

Hello Wendy!
I just read your post on Jordy's blog (2009) and want to know how you got into personal banking.

I'm a licensed health agent which allows me to sell financial products also.

Brie

SATheologies said...

Hi Wendy,

I think you are happy with the way you have it right now. So I don't see what others think should give you any uncomfortable feeling about yourself.

Everything has their time and place, right? :-)